Freedom to Read Week is a project of the Book and Periodical Council (BPC), the umbrella organization for associations involved in the writing and editing, publishing and manufacturing, distribution, and selling and lending of books and periodicals in Canada.
Contact details for Freedom to Read Week, the Freedom of Expression Committee, and the Book and Periodical Council. Contact Us.
A statement of the basic tenets of the Freedom of Expression Committee of the Book and Periodical Council. Read our Statement on Freedom of Expression.
Freedom of Expression Committee
- Catherine Barandiaran, Book and Periodical Council
- Ron Brown, Writers’ Union of Canada
- Brendan de Caires, PEN Canada
- Franklin Carter, Editorial Consultant
- Sandy Crawley, Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Teri Degler, Writers’ Union of Canada
- Brianne DiAngelo, Magazines Canada
- Kate Edwards, Association of Canadian Publishers
- Amanda Hopkins, Writers’ Trust of Canada
- David Kent, Canadian Publishers’ Council
- Holly Kent, Word on the Street
- Mark Leiren-Young, PEN Canada
- Anne McClelland, Book and Periodical Council
- Marg Anne Morrison, Editors’ Association of Canada
- Reva Pomer, designer
- Jane Pyper, Canadian Library Association
- Alvin Schrader, Canadian Library Association
- Erin Stropes, BookNet Canada