Freedom to Read Week is organized by the Book and Periodical Council (BPC), the umbrella organization for Canadian associations that are or whose members are primarily involved with the writing, editing, translating, publishing, producing, distributing, lending, marketing, reading and selling of written words.
Statement on Freedom of Expression
A statement of the basic tenets of the Freedom of Expression Committee of the Book and Periodical Council.
Freedom of Expression Committee
- Michelle Arbuckle (co-chair), Ontario Library Association
- Sandy Crawley (co-chair), National Reading Campaign
- Ron Brown, Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Franklin Carter, Editorial Consultant
- Cailin Cooper, Magazines Canada
- Teri Degler, The Writers’ Union of Canada
- Phil Dwyer, Canadian Authors Association
- Kate Edwards, Association of Canadian Publishers
- Emma Hunter, Canadian Children’s Book Centre
- Annie McClelland, Book and Periodical Council
- Jonelle St. Aubyn, Ontario Library Association